SACHI SHIKSHA Self Defence Training A Must for Women
The time now has come when every woman in the country must acquire the necessary physical skills and mental alacrity to protect themselves against all odd circumstances.
In fact, this has become the first requirement of time. Whether it is spending time in the afternoon in the house, moving outside the house alone, travelling singly or in other circumstances, the training in self-defence is necessary for a woman.
A woman can save herself against many odds or face difficult situations if she keeps the following points in her mind:
• Do not open the door immediately after the door-bell rings. Look who the visitor is through the ‘spy hole’ or ‘safe hole’ of the door and open it only after recognizing the person correctly.
• Keep the lights on outside the door so that you can see and recognize the person standing outside.
• ‘Door chain’ must be at the door. With this you can talk to the person standing outside without opening the door. Keep the stranger from entering inside unless you have any supporter or family member present in the home.
• Visitors, whether a woman or a child, do not let her in.
• Sometimes, as an employee of electricity or water department, some people also try to enter the house unnecessarily. Take precaution do not let such persons enter without right identification.
• If there is any doubt about the visitor, call the neighbor to help or inform the police if you have the phone.
• Every woman should make it her habit to check the doors and windows of the house before going out of the house and going to sleep in the night.Pull the curtains on the windows before you sleep so that no outsider can snoop.
When you go outside with your family, keep these things in mind:-
• Never give the keys to the housemaid or the security guard because they can easily duplicate the keys that you made available to them.
• If you are going out in the vacations then tell your milkman and the newspaper hawker to come on the day of your return. Request your neighbors to keep an eye on your home.
• After returning home, if you have slightest doubt of any kind of incident at home, or if you feel someone had entered in the house during your absence, inform the police immediately.
• Be farsighted and remain alert.
• If you feel that someone is following you while walking in the market or somewhere else, then cross the road and come to the other side and get help from nearby people.
If you get into trouble, keeping your mind balanced, you should make an immediate decision that it is appropriate for you to run away completely or to stop yourself to keep yourself safe. Whatever mental decision you make by becoming mentally alert to the future accident, you should do the work immediately without wasting any time.
• In such cases when you have to physically fend yourself, you can take use of your bag or umbrella by using them with your hands against the person who may have attacked you or molesting you. In view of growing incidents of crime against the women in society today, it has become the first requirement of time to have training in self-defense, that is, the ability to do their own security themselves.
So women need to take special attention to themselves to avert any untoward incident. – Anil Kumar