Thank you and sorry are the words often used in the day to day language. We all big and small use the word “Thank you”, but there is a way of saying this word.
The person to whom we say Thank you becomes happy.
• We have to Thank the person when he has given you a very good service or has tried for you from his heart.
• Someone has given you gift or a treat.
• Got a chance to work completely with some person and you have enjoyed that work.
• If someone has worked beyond the hope and completed the work before time.
• Someone has gone out of the way to do your work.
• If you have assigned a special work to someone, never forget to Thank him from the core of your heart.
• Thank at once on the completion of the work because after a span of time it loses its importance. If the person who has worked for you is not present, send him mail, send sms or phone him and say Thank you.
• If in your team work, there is discussion on a special subject, do not forget to Thank the person who has collected the information so that he should think that his work has been given consideration and noticed.
• If you have to go somewhere and someone has made your arrangements, but due to some unavoidable reasons you could not go, then also you must say Thank you to him.
• When you are Thanking a person, do not discuss irrelevant topics, as the attention will be diverted from the main point and the value of saying Thank you will lose its value.
• Whenever you Thank do it cordially, not without emotions or artificially. Like ‘Thank you, you have done my work’.
• If needed, a Thank you note can also be sent.
• With a smile on the face say Thank you while keeping your body language right.
If possible shake hands also.
• Do not say Thank you while busy in multi tasking. Say Thank you while focusing on the person.
• If you are saying Thank you on phone, say it keeping in mind the time factor of his sleep, taking meals or sending the kids to the schools etc.
• While sending the email say Thank you in simple words. Do not copy the lines from a book.
• If possible, the Thank you can be sent on Thank you card.