Repentance Can Help in Salvation
Repentance is the suitable activity of ‘reviewing one’s own actions’ and feeling penitence or regret for the past incorrect, illegal, unfair, unfit and wicked treatments. In other word, repentance is the process of feeling sorry for one’s wrong actions and resolves not to repeat the offence.
Such person attempts to make resolution for the incorrect or in certain manners and try to reverse the harmful effects of unrighteous actions at the earliest. Every person who tends to seek Divine blessings in genuine repentance and complete faith will be saved and benefited. We should be involved in personal change and commitment to live a responsible, truthful and justified humane life.
The sense of repentance is also conveyed through regret, remorse, penitence, self-reproach, compunction, culpability, ruefulness etc. The realization of mistake should mean the end of it. In New Testament, the word ‘Repentance’ is translated from the Greek word ‘Metanovia’ which suggests “behind one’s mind”. It is a compound word of preposition, ‘Meta’ meaning after and the verb ‘Noeo’ meaning to perceive or to think. The whole compound suggests an afterthought or a change in mind and heart or improvement in consciousness.
Repentance is Change of Mindset
Our sins are disobedience of moral conduct under divine command, which make us unclean and unworthy. The sins, immorality, violation of rules, injustice, impurity, adulteration, unchaste nature, anger, disputes, quarrelsome nature, drug addiction, misbelieve in God and spiritual guide. These create difficulties to spend our graceful life in the presence of Spiritual Master. Therefore, it includes the process of accepting the guilt and misdoings. The positive action of heart and mind tend to resolve, do not allow repeating the offence and reversing the harmful effects of wrong where possible.
Our wicked actions may be through certain illicit situations, evil thoughts or choice but not through instincts. The skill of positive attitude can be blissful to improve upon our living.
- Do not indulge in malpractices, harsh or quarrelsome actions which may turn to be sinful deeds. Please avoid friendship with persons of evil and negative thinking.
- Try to bring sufficient change in mental and spiritual attitude. It requires another mindset about your will and disposition.
- Take good lesson from the past mistakes and take back the wrong steps with strong will.
- Seek the knowledge of truth, true senses and escape from the carriage of wicked actions.
- We must determine never to repeat violations and sins so that we never re-experience the pain.
- The capacity of repentance has to be decided whether a person is trying to seek remission or not.
- The excellence of remorse can be procured introspection, sanctity and meditation. It is super natural grace which promotes us to perform righteous thoughts and actions. The quality of pardon is a strong spiritual attribute.
- Develop sympathy to reject the feelings of anger and revenge, to encourage the concepts of humanity.
- Maintain friendly atmosphere because tendency of quarrel leads to wastage of time, energy and eminence.
- We can move from failure to success, weakness to strength, if we replace hatred with love, jealousy with affection, anger with forgiveness, selfishness with sacrifice, greed with satisfaction, fear with courage, despair with hope and inertia with actions. Most important benefit is derived if we cherish faith in the Divine and acknowledge evoking His benevolence.
- One should try to be fair, just and positive in taking decisions.
- We should adopt virtuous principles of humility and humanity.
- Human and divine forgiveness provide even benefits, therefore, one should forgive with sincere mind and willing spirit
Advantages of Repentance
- Repentance bestows remission of punishment and forgiveness of sin. Repentance is powerful as a sacrifice or a religious ceremony.
- It brings humility in our life and we confirm faith in Divine Lord. We realize that He accepts our honest submission.
- Repentance is just like renewal of life, when we try to free ourselves from all negative characters and acquire absolute good traits. This will turn all the sins forgivable.
- Repentance provides relief to mind and heart through rejection of ego.
- It provides healing and redemption in the world that prolongs human life.
- Strengthen relationship with known and unknown because certain events may be misappropriate, insulting and quarrelsome. Such situations may cause disappointments and hurt the feelings of trust and commitments. Repentance at personal level or a message through certain mediator can resolve the misunderstanding and then motivate for better relations.
Valuable Quotes to Promote Repentance
Dictor F. Uchtdor –
The heavens will not be filled with those who never made mistakes but those who recognized that they were off course and who corrected their ways to get back in the light of gospel truth.
Shannon L. Akler –
Your dignity can be mocked, abused, compromised, toyed with, lowered or even bad mouthed, but it can never be taken from you. You have the power today to reset your boundaries, restore your image, start fresh with renewed valves and rebuild what has happened to you in the past. Repentance shall not result in shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self esteem or immorality. It lowers up with the creative version of pride and ego. Only restitution and forgiving with compassion, repentance and living with dignity will ever erase the past.
Paul David Tripp –
The church is not a theological classroom. It is conversion, confession, repentance, reconciliation, forgiveness and sanctification center, where flawed people place their faith in Christ, gather to know, love him better and learn to love others as he designs.
Randy Alcom –
God’s grace never encourages us to live in sin. On the contrary, it empowers us to say no to sin and yes to truth.
Johann Arnol –
Heart suffering because of sin is the best proof that Holy Spirit dwells in your heart.
Necessity for Salvation
The life span of every person is limited. God has the eternal power to manifest, sustain and destroy the universe. He can repeat the process on and on endlessly. It is generally considered that every living organism undergoes transmigration (rebirth) after death. The most important and sublime objective of human living is to acquire direct link with Divine lord who can empower the person to escape rebirth. It is possible through’ Salvation’ by seeking blessings to approach the eternal everlasting supernatural abode. A dedicated person can find deep, lasting peace within himself when depth of consciousness during meditation.
Salvation involves saving and redemption of the soul from sin, power of evils and its consequences. Salvation can be blessed from the grace of Almighty Lord by free will and personal efforts through prayers and meditation. Salvation is possible by raising and improving human existence in a life freed from sins and limitations, adoption of morality and establishing links with God.
The Divine will is always supreme and must be accepted gracefully. One must gladly surrender to attain eternal bliss. An eminent priest has suggested a few words for prayers to accept the concept of repentance,’’ I am a sinner (offender) and need your forgiveness. I want to disobey you and start living for you. Transform my life to powerful living and bestow me your visualization.”
In the religious concept, the repentance is confession of your guilt to your spiritual guide or God. No one can repent and come to God unless He pulls that person for virtuous thoughts. The genuine faith-based repentance towards the Lord is essential. It includes turning away from sins and adopt forgiveness. When you experience complex life, you should pray to God with sincere request and to urge for kind His remittance.
Dr. Triloki Nath Chugh Insan, Coordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions, DSS, Sirsa, Haryana.