Sunglasses are often considered to be a fashion accessory. However, they are not simply a stylish statement. On the contrary, sunglasses are an important accessory for anyone, young or old, who spends time outdoors. Sun light is coming out very fast. If you get out of the house then protect your precious eyes.
The sunglasses give your eyes a shield and it enhances our beauty also after wearing it. Sunglasses protect the eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, which in turn, prevents eye diseases as well as skin cancer around the eyes.
Today, the custom of wearing ‘dark-glasses’ or sunglasses as a fashion is also increasing. When purchasing sun-glass, it should be examined with caution; otherwise the cheap and the poor variety of glasses can damage your eyes.
Sunglasses protect the eyes from the bright sunlight and ultraviolet rays and dust coming along with sunlight. The glasses contain only two things-frames and glass. Both of these should be assayed. Whatever frames you choose make sure they fit properly and will not keep sliding down your nose or fall of when being active.
It should not be too tight or too loose. Tight goggles cause headache while the loose frame has to be moved over and over again. Sometimes even loose glasses fall.
The frame should not be prick anywhere on our face, otherwise the stinging spot gets stained, which makes the face unsightly.
The frame should be slim, because the thickness of the eye in the thick frame decreases and the thick frame makes the glasses much heavier. If someone is allergic to wearing a metal frame, then take a plastic frame.
The main purpose of wearing sun-glasses is to protect eyes from ultraviolet rays, which emitted from the sun’s rays. The rays of light also reflect on the eyes of the ocean and the roads made of sand, ice and ‘concrete’ are reflected on the eyes directly. To protect our eyes these polarized lenses should be used. Polarization reduces glare coming off reflective surfaces like water or pavement.
This does not offer more protection from the sun, but can make activities like driving or being on the water safer or more enjoyable. In addition, the one-way-glass, that is, only can be seen outside from the inner glasses, is good for us, because such glasses reflect the rays of light and absorb ultraviolet rays.
Additionally, sunglasses protect the delicate skin around the eyes from these rays that also cause wrinkling, premature aging, and skin cancer. It protects us from these diseases. If you purchase lens than a quality of lens not only provides 100% protection from harmful infrared and ultraviolet rays from the sun, but also determines what kind of useful light is able to reach your eyes.
A good lens should allow you to see a wide spectrum of colors, as well as maintain a clear and proportionate image. A lens that accounts for image quality ensures that you do not have to worry about light refractions that could cause visual distortions.
Look at the following advices from the doctors for the protection of the eyes.
• The more coverage from sunglasses, the less sun damage inflicted on the eyes. Consider buying oversized glasses or wraparound-style glasses, which help cut down on ultraviolet rays entering the eye from the side.
• Never buy glasses from the sidewalk. The mind can be tempted by the tempting models which are sold on the sidewalks.
• If you have been instructed to wear power-glass, wear photocrometic glass only. Eyes will get more relief from heat and light.
• Brown lenses also reduce some sun glare, including the glare created by the blue frequency in sunlight, which can make the environment seem hazy.
• When buying glasses, carefully observe that the glass is evenly coated properly or not.
• There should not be any type of scarring and scratches on glasses.
• A good choice in frame material is titanium, because these are lightweight, flexible, and durable.
– Seema Rani