The biography of a person is narrated by “himself or herself”. The related words are Autobiographer, Autograph, and Autobiographically. The Greek meaning suggests, AUTOS=Self, BIOS=Life, GRAPHIEN= to write. Let us discuss in detail about it and also How to write an Autobiography?
About Autobiography in Detail
- Autobiography is one type of explanation which tells a life story of the author, meaning, it is written record of the author’s life. Comes through the person’s own pen in his own words—writing about personal experience, one discovered himself.
- Autobiography is the story of a person’s life as told by that person. Autobiographer can turn out to be just as as an imagined story.
- Biography is a detailed account of a person’s life written by someone else, while autobiography is written by the subject themselves.
- Biography is placed into four broad types — Thematic, Religious, Intellectual and Fictionalized.
- It should include things like the time and place of birth, an overview of your personality, your like and dislike and the special events that shape your life.
- It should include the date and place of birth, stories from childhood or a young age and may include a difficult time in one’s life or a great accomplishment.
- The elements of Autobiography should include A) Features, B) What makes autobiography interesting, C) Write good introduction, D) Start personnel narration, E) Give examples, F) Take characteristic of good biography.
- The whole life should be written down in 500 Pages . It may be reduced down into 200 Pages.
Notification of Autobiography
Everyone has a story. Think about your own life, as what are the main events? The heart attached? The people? One should have basic idea on How to Start and Write an Autobiography and Interest on it.
One example of literary notification is Autobiography and the subject of the story is also the author. As already mentioned the story of one’s life is written by that person. Mostly, autobiographies are written in First-person point of view.
This means that the narrator or person telling the detail is also the real story. The narrator uses the personal noun and pronoun.
Autobiographies are usually book length covering the events of his or her entire life.
- If you have been righteous in life, you do not require any amount to share.
- People will try to share your best habits.
- Enjoy Divine bliss. Do not treat in anger and never think of grief or distress.
- You shall acquire great success every time.
- Do not get dejected or become sad in situation of delayed success.
It is an account of author’s struggle or journey towards God followed by a religious conversion often interrupted by moments of regression. The author reframes his or her life as a demonstration of Divine intention through encounter with the religion.
The spiritual Autobiography works as an endorsement of his or her religion. It focuses on “the life of time” of the writer, more intimate focus on his or her own memories, feelings and emotions.
Autographical is by nature subjective. The inability or unwillingness of the author to accurately recall memories has in certain cases resulted in misleading or incorrect information. Some sociologists and psychologists have noted that autobiography offers the author the ability to secrete history.
Autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi
Here is an explanation of great author:
Mahatma Gandhi was known as Great Soul as a political and spiritual leader in India. GANDHI was born on October 2, 1869 in Porbander, Kathlawar, now known as Gujarat. He was brought up in India near Rajkot. In May 1883, when 13 Years old Mohan Das was married to 14 Years old Kasturi Bai Mahanji.
He possessed a son Laxmi Das (1860-1914), a daughter Raliabahn (1862-1960) and another son Karsan Das (1866-1913). He passed away at the age of 78 years on January 30-1948.
In 1888, he went to London leaving his wife and son behind to pursue his degree in law. In1993, he went to South Africa to work and found that there was a lot of prejudice towards India. He was a strong leadership, simplicity and bravery. He wanted a simple life with only the necessities that he needed.
He was vegetarian, fruitarian, cloth of home spun made of cotton. He believed in truth, non-violence and creating peace among others. Gandhi was astonishing hero. He fought through all obstacles that came his way with love and peace. The most outstanding qualities were simplicity, leader ship and bravery. He was really great for Independence of India.
The Bio-assay related to Autobiography
Adventures, Biography, Confession, Diary, Journal, Life Story, Memoir, Personal history, Reminiscences, Self Portrayal, Data and Software, Genes and Expression, Genomes and maps, Homology literature, Taxonomy and Variation. Aatam katha (Hindi), Aap Beeti (Urdu).
The person who writes Autobiography is like a painter who paints a self portrait. It might be a good idea to start recording notes about self life in a dairy. It is an account of author’s personal experience – an account of the series of events giving details of personal life, sensation, feelings, family etc.
The Classical Period and Confession
- Autobiography is of course fiction
- Concerned with Ego and the self.
- Sufficient moments of Recollection.
- Present interest and most faithful biography.
- Most self-indulgent fiction and increased sort of life.
- Literary pursuit and occupation.
- Intimate focus on his or her memories.
Details of carrier and Growth
Autobiography truly deals with personal life using emotions and facts related to family life, relationships, education, travels, sexuality and any type of inner struggles. A memorial is record of memories are particular events that have taken place in the author’s life.
The writing about personal experiences, one discovers self. Therefore, it is not merely a collection of anecdotes; it is a revelation to the readers about self discovery through author.
Take one passbook of about 200 pages to write details of personal life:
- Find the details of the period and place of birth.
- Write down the names of parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, relatives etc.
- Locate the place of living at various periods and places.
- Try to understand the details of villages, towns, cities, states etc.
- Note down the places of education throughout life.
- Find out the details of qualifications and achievements from various educational institutions.
- Try to find out the details of employments during complete life.
- Find out the details of earning through parents and self for home and family.
- Write down he achievements of games, NSC, NSS, and other special categories at schools, colleges, university etc.
- Find out the details of helping the parents; understand about brothers, sisters, sons, daughters etc. through income, advancement in teaching, guidance help etc.
- Live with honesty to learn truthfulness; live with sharing to learn generosity; live with approval to learn like others; live with acceptance to learn with love; live with praise to learn appreciation; live with tolerance to learn with patience; live with encouragement to learn commitment; etc.
- Try for all other subjects and objects.
Dr. Triloki Nath Chugh; Retd. H. E. S. 1. and Retd. Coordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions, SIRSA (Haryana, INDIA).