- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 250ml milk
- 1 cup jaggery
- 10-12 cashews
- 10-12 almonds
- 10-12 raisins
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoon pure ghee
- Put the moong dal in pressure cooker and blend it till smooth.
- Add milk to it and bring it to a good boil.
- Soak cashews and almonds for 1 hour and blend it smooth and add it to the mixture of moong dal and milk
- Take jaggery in a saucepan add 1/4th cup water and boil it till the water evaporates and let it cool and strain it.
- Add jaggery syrup to the payasam, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add raisins.
- As raisins swell up add this tempering to the payasam and mix well.
- Add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes or as per your desired consistency.
Serve the Moong Dal Payasam hot.