How To Make Matar Ka Nimona At Home?
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon each of chopped ginger and garlic
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 medium chopped potato cubes
- 1 tej patta
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 3 cloves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1.5 to 2 cup water or add as required
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- In a grinder take onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies and blend to a smooth paste without adding any water. Put it aside.
- In the same grinder jar grind green peas into coarse paste without adding any water. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan till it begins to smoke, lower the flame and add potato cubes and saute till it becomes golden. Keep it aside on a kitchen paper towel.
- Add tej patta, cloves and teaspoon cumin seeds to the oil. Let the spices crackle and splutter.
- Now add the ground onion paste and saute till oil releases from the sides and the paste becomes lumpy.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes soften and become mushy.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and asafoetida and give a good stir.
- Now add the coarsely ground fresh peas and saute for 2 minutes
- Then add chopped coriander leaves. Mix again.
- Add water as required, add salt .& stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame till the green peas are cooked. In between do check and stir
- Oil floats on top when gravy is done.
- Add fried potatoes and garam masala & cook for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Serve Matar Nimona hot with roti, poori or steamed rice.