Physical and Mental Health with
The best condition of health, involves fundamental and metabolic efficiency of living organism even facing physical, mental, psychological and social changes. The virtuous state is characterized by anatomical, physiological and mental integrity; ability to perform personally valued family work and community role; strength to deal with physical, biological, psychological and social stress.
According to the version quoted through international organization, good health is the extent by which an individual or group is able to conceive desires, satisfy needs and to modify or cope with the environment. It is the complete cause, source and positive concept of everyday life.
The state of health elaborates fitness, well being, good compact, sound health, happiness, good digestion, muscular elasticity and robustness. The lack of health suggests sickness, disease, infirmity and illness. The determinants of healthy status may include the righteous physical condition, life style, social, economic, mental and spiritual state of every individual.
Tips to secure prominent health:
Health is important at every age. Life has become so fast paced that there is not enough time in the day, to fulfill everything we wish to do. People are busy at home and work with lot of responsibilities and commitments.
They may feel problems related to physical, mental and emotional stress. Therefore, everyone should be careful to acquire proper guidelines for good health and to escape from tremendous problems.
• Regular exercise, daily morning walk. It improves upon digestion, breathing, rate of heart beat, blood pressure, muscular strength etc.
• Sufficient rest and sleep. An accepted statement conveys,’ Early (timely) to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise’.
• Maintain healthy body weight. Generally the positive recommendations are 0.99 to 1.01 Kg per inch of body length.
• Prevention of smoking, alcohol, drugs, meat and intoxicants.
• Obstruction of injuries, infection, communicable and chronic diseases (due to bacteria, fungi, virus etc.)
• Take clean water and pollution free air. Use sun light during situations of low atmospheric temperature. It also supplements with vitamin-D and prevents certain skin and blood disorders.
• Use vaccination especially for young ones for prevention of polio, smallpox, chickenpox, MMP, pneumonia, etc.
• Avoid pollution of air, water, noise, soil and radiations. Try to stay in green environment with adequate housing, safe communities and pathways.
• Emergency response in situations of accidents and severe health attack. Everyone should be aware of contact with ambulance, general hospital and eminent doctors of the locality for immediate medical checkup and treatment.
• Eat only when you are hungry and not every time you are offered delightful products. ‘Take sufficient breakfast like a king, lunch as a prince and the dinner like a poor person’.
• Fatness avoids fitness. Obesity increases risk for life. The life span may decrease at least by three years. Obesity confers untimely worst effects as 3-D, disease, disability and death due to diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary disease, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, infertility etc. There are about 20 million persons affected with obesity in India.
• The factors of diseases are not eliminated but are transmitted to next generation. However, the adverse effects can be reduced.
• According to an eminent physician, do not take Appy fizz, Mentos with Coke or Pepsi, do not drink tea in plastic cup or eat food on polythene paper, because these promote cancer. Do not use phone with very low battery.
• Health is what you eat and so also what you think with positivity.
Healthy balanced diet:
Balanced diet helps in maintaining healthy body weight, provides sufficient energy, regulates good sleep and eventually gives a feeling of well being. The macronutrients comprise proteins, complex carbohydrates and lipids. The micronutrients should include sufficient quantity of multiple vitamins, essential amino acids and minerals.
The proteins can be taken up to 35% through whole grains, pulses, beans, peanut, coconut, milk, green vegetables and fruits. Least concentration should be on non-vegetarian meals. Major source of carbohydrates are brown rice, wheat, oat, millets, potatoes, sweet fruits etc.
More lipids should be taken from edible oils with unsaturated fatty acids to protect heart and improve immune system.
Replace processed and packed dry food. Fresh green vegetables and fruits provide the essentials of multiple vitamins and minerals. Try to reduce the consumption of white sugar (never more than 8% of total diet). Remove salt from your table and do not take more than 5gm per day because the vegetables and fruits are capable to fulfill its requirements.
It is better to prepare a diet chart for every week, especially during conditions of sickness, pregnancy of ladies, persons busy in sports, people suffering with low or high body weight and elderly age. Special dieticians and doctors can be helpful. Take food according to the calories requirement per day.
Health is Wealth:
It is health that is real wealth for human race and not the ornaments of gold or silver. The notion,’ wealth is health’, may become valid during sickness, poverty, evasion, injustice and old age. Wealth is, sometimes, important for healthy environment. Persons may seek help through health insurance, NGO, social and religious organizations for proper food, medicines or treatment.
Seven best natural doctors in the world are sunlight, rest, exercise, contentment, self confidence, proper diet and friends. Maintain them in all stages of life and enjoy healthy life. We should rejoice kind growing longevity which can add years to life so as to ensure that elderly age becomes peaceful, enriching and productive. Fortunately, the process of aging is determined through our righteous behavior, physical activities, sound nutrition, avoiding evil thoughts and wicked actions.
State of mental health:
Health is the greatest gift, contentment the earnest wealth and faithfulness the best relationship. When an individual is able to realize his or her potentials, one can cope with the normal stress of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make contributions to the community.
Mentally well being helps to maintain homeostasis, avoids negative thinking, recovers from insult, improves memory and positive thoughts, prefers personal ability to handle pressure and urgency, acquire skill and innovation, improve upon economic conditions, characterized behaviors, advancement in satisfaction, promote good inherited traits from parents. Always feel happy and cheerful, enjoy the righteous life style and social status. Happiness at home and work place contributes longer life span.
Healthy intellectual status motivates the person to sing upon the glory of life and works hard to realize dreams. It is better to work collectively for the welfare of society. The situation of ‘I’ is illness in isolation, whereas, the important letter of wellness is ‘We’. Thus, social health develops positive interaction with others and helps in meeting all types of personal relationship essential for human race. We should follow appropriate emotions in front of others, teamwork qualities and even leadership factors.
Try to resolve endemic problems, like the promotion of sanitation to prevent communicable diseases.
Virtuous moral health:
The spiritual health represents our firm belief or trust in the overall divine and unifying force. The core concept should justify our complete faith. Good health also generates complete harmony of body with mind and spirit. When the person becomes free from weakness and confusion, the gates of soul open. Avoid puzzles and stress because good health is essential for successful life.
Good health is a nice situation of happiness. Optimistic attitude, positive objectives, constructive and innovative steps help to seek divine bliss and attain eternity. We should be grateful to our thoughts, actions and our ’Creator, the Almighty Lord’. Unfortunately, some are not so lucky because they do not fulfill the crazy aspects.
Always have faith, live positive and spend good time on prayers and meditation. Positivity is the virtuous key to any thing in life. So take it easy and live life to the fullest.
– Dr. Triloki Nath Chugh Insan,
Co-ordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions,DSS, Sirsa (Haryana)