The expression ‘Trustworthy’ describes the status of an honest person who has virtuous qualities of complete reliance or faith, so that the masses believe in his/her thoughts and actions. It has a link of two words, ‘trust’ means something you can rely upon and ‘worthy’ means something that deserves respect.
Therefore, trust is an arrangement, whereby a person (trustee) attains an attribute, for the welfare of one or more beneficiaries. Such person establishes firm belief in dependence, truth or ability of someone or something, taking the responsibility of conduct and obligation. The noble attitude of being trustworthy is most supportive and admirable.
Thus the trustworthy person should have the qualities of being faithful, reliable, responsible, authentic, accurate, dependable, believable, credible and realistic. The persons lacking the attributes of reliance are considered dishonest, doubtful, improbable, lying, unrealistic, deceptive, fraudulent and inconceivable. Credibility explains our skill and all about our method of speech. Reliability mainly conveys about our actions. It is not simply in teaching or preaching or discussion. Intimacy also is a component of trust which suggests as to how cheerful persons are having faith in us. However, expertise does not evenly match trust.
How to Become Trustworthy?:
One can gain the importance of reliance and creditability through good character and thoughtful positive actions (far more than words).
• Develop Integrity: Create friendship with nice persons and promote confidence with them. Keep your words and do not disclose secret. Stay honest, kind, considerate and compassionate. Every person desires other people around them to stand up with creditability and orientation.
• Be genuine and true: The style of conversation must be modest, polite and humble to avoid egoistic attitude.
• Always be supportive: Provide manual, financial and moral assistance to the needy. The resourceful persons gain better success and prosperity when they share their resources.
• Align with noble and experienced persons: Trustee always feel encouraged with new skills of learning because the latest knowledge helps them to get what they want.
• Take affirmative decisions: Try to be compatible with affirmative conduct and behavior in people trusting upon you. Consistent actions and smart decisions make good impact in the thoughts of others.
• Believe in yourself: Always feel that you possess sufficient knowledge and skill in your profession.
• Always speak words of truth: Do not deceive or misrepresent the matters of any information.
• Do not feel envious: Support the progress of neighbors, relatives and friends.
• Refuse negative contemplation: Be truthful about the life of parents, relatives, friends and coworkers. Adopt humble conversation and avoid confrontations.
• Admit faults and shortcomings: When the friends reveal important life truth about bad decisions or significant failures, seek proper guidance for solution and improvements. Do not be open to such a confidence that you have answer to every question.
• Treat all persons with due regard: Honestly express value to people before their expectations to receive favorable values in return.
• Express regards and gratitude: All the persons who provide the desired help for our success, their credit must be praiseworthy because the assistance shall become endless.
• Try to fulfill the promise on priority basis and offer maximum benefits: Do not exploit the virtuous time and qualities of persons connected with receipt of benefit.
• Do not criticize and condemn: The people who fail to answer your questions or lack sufficient strength to fulfill your demands.
• People feel that angry person is not trustworthy and fails to achieve the desired status in the society: Thus avoid anger and resentment because such thoughts detain conciliation and agreement or treaty. Person with resentment loses the righteous qualities of consciousness, understanding, self control and even humanity. He or she acquires brutality.
• Seek motivation: One can seek inspiration from elders, teachers, other prominent persons and good literature.
• Regards for religion: Persons attached with sense of spirituality are more trustworthy. They realize that Almighty God is the sole benefactor and we all are His beneficiaries.
• Prepare a list of at least 20 persons of different categories who have influenced your thinking due to their realistic nature. Also introspect your own qualities and prepare a list of 20 persons who have developed confidence in your character and behavior. Then you shall realize the extent of eminent qualities which are essential for a reliable person.
• Conceive that being trustworthy is a journey and not conclusion.
Advantages of being Trustworthy:
1. These positive thoughts and deeds provide extreme satisfaction, pleasure, respect and success because these are beneficial for the society. The negative aspects bring pain, tension, losses and become harmful to the masses.
2. Being trustworthy is valuable asset in your life and proves helpful to the lives of people you care about.
3. Try to be trustworthy for the objects which are unable to listen or watch us, e. g., natural environment, plants and animals. We should make planning and efforts to prevent pollution of every kind and global warming; promote a-forestation, cleanliness, care and protection of useful animals.
4. Acquire self control, submissiveness, compassion, mobility, serenity and modesty in mind.
5. Public reliance is achieved gradually but this quality can be sustained with great efforts.
6. Give promotion to good habits, strong character and amiable behavior.
7. Adopt noble attributes of humility, forgiveness and thanks giving.
8. Maintain long term relationship in place of short term gains.
9. Shopkeepers can increase their sale, professional can gain increments, state person (prominent politicians) can raise their status, officials intensify credibility and every reliable person becomes confident for enormous progress.
10. Trustworthy person gains full confidence and command over mind to perform willful and prominent activities.
11. Life span is limited but we can make it beneficial (beyond limits) for human race through selfless, voluntary social service.
Who is most Trustworthy?:
God is the sole creator, operator, care taker, navigator, savior and all benevolent Divine Power. He is the destiny regulator beyond the limits of time. His pure and pious energetic power is prevalent in every particle of the universe. His divine melody reverberates day and night in every soul. God can perform unique miracles.
He can transform blunders into minute negligence, stakes to small spikes, shame can be changed to honor, bitterness becomes sweet and darkness becomes light etc., because He is the sole destiny regulator and embodiment of love. Therefore, people of different categories should try to seek His eternal blessings to follow and spread love among human communities. True love supersedes selfish motives and greed.
Simple worldly love brings steep fall; only God’s love makes one rise. He is always trustworthy; you can develop firm belief on Almighty God to keep His everlasting words. God is trust, therefore, trust in God; rest seems to be rust.
We should pay our heartfelt reverence and gratitude to our spiritual guide who provides initiation and motivates us to follow virtuous principles. Optimistic attitude, positive objectives, constructive and innovative steps bestowed through his benevolence can help us to seek divine bliss and attain eternity.
Dr. Triloki Nath Chugh Insan, Co-ordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions,DSS, Sirsa (Haryana).